From:
Joel Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:46:49 -0600

Celiac Diners - Sunday, February 23, 2003
The "Celiac Diners" are an informal group associated with the Celiac Sprue
Association/USA, Chicago chapter. We meets several times a year for gluten
free meals at area restaurants. We discuss menus with the restaurant in
advance and work with the chef/managers for a gluten free dining experience.

We have selected Khyber Pass, an authentic Indian restaurant in Oak Park for
our next dinner. The Khyber Pass is a mountainous region peopled by hardy
nomadic Pathans. In keeping with their nomadic lifestyle, simplicity is the
essence of this cuisine. The secret of Pathan cooking lies in the excellent
quality of the foods and just a light touch of spices. We will be sampling
an Indian banquet complete with chicken, lamb, and vegetarian choices.

Khyber Pass earned the Chicago Tribune's coveted '4 Forks' award and is the
only Indian restaurant in Chicago to receive the Tribune's highest rating.

We have reservations for 6:00 pm on Sunday, February 23, at 1031 Lake St. in
Oak Park. Children are definitely welcome! If you would like to attend or
would like more information, please call Joel or Cessy Roth, 773-955-1597 or
[log in to unmask] by Monday, Feb 17.

The cost will be $18 per adult or $13 per child, including tax and tip.
Beverages are additional. Please bring cash to pay for your meal.

Directions: From I-290 (Eisenhower expressway) exit onto northbound Harlem
Ave. Proceed about 1 mile to Lake Street and turn right (east). Lake Street
is about 1 or 2 blocks north of the 'L' tracks. Lake Street is one of the
main commercial streets in Lake Park. Proceed about 4 blocks on Lake Street.
The restaurant is located on the south side of Lake Street, nearly across
from a movie theater. There is street parking on Lake St., and there is a
city parking lot a block or two south of Lake St near the 'L' tracks. Phone
number for Khyber Pass = 708-445-9032