Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:14:48 -0500
ch:
ch

A continuation of responses to my post.

-----
Thank you for saying what you did and trying to "educate" the readership of
this list. I'm sure that everyone has good intentions, but...
------------------
THANKYOU!
I was so frustrated with some of the recent postings.
When coffee filters came up,  I did my own personal research
and contacted the actual companies who make 'coffee & tea filter papers'.
None of these companies (including ones that supply Mellitta, etc.)
use any ingredients other than wood products or synthetic materials.
I also found information on glue included in paper products to hold
juice containers/paper cups together - and how they do not use
food grade adhesives.  These would breakdown with liquids and hence
would be useless.  So they use synthetic adhesives usually made with
some sort of poly something or other.  aka petroleum products.
Does it really help to ask the heads of the CSA,  who don't manufacture
the paper.  Really truly we can't expect them to know the processes
of all of these products.

Sorry to rant,  I just appreciated your email immensely.
----------------------------
Just wanted to say "what a great post". Hope people will listen up.
-------------------
I've left this one for last because it is important and requires an
appropriate response:

<I see you mentioned oats, I want you to know it is this that nearly killed
my two sons because it is a dangerous gluten >
As a Celiac I feel for this writer and her children. I've certainly been ill
from gluten. But it is important to look at the facts and not place blame
where it is not due. If we do not then we will live by superstition, hearsay
and in constant fear.
Research has shown repeatedly that Celiacs are *not* intolerant to pure
oats. This has been demonstrated in vivo (living people) as well as tissue
in the lab. We also know how difficult, if not virtually impossible, it is
obtain pure oats. The writer's message does not convey the whole story so we
don't know the circumstances but oats are *not* a "dangerous gluten" by
themselves.