EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Brewer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:29:54 -0400
The W3C/WAI Working Draft "Inaccessibility of Visually-Oriented Anti-Robot
Tests: Problems and Alternatives" provides some background on accessibility
problems with Captchas, and could be used as a reference when contacting
organizations which use Captchas in inaccessible ways.
         http://www.w3.org/TR/turingtest/

It describes barriers to accessibility in the visual Captchas that you
describe, and also explores a variety of alternative Captchas -- some of
which can also present barriers to accessibility.

Comments are always welcome -- the "Status" section of the document
indicates where to send comments. We may do an updated version of the
document at some point.

Regards,

- Judy

--