EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:36:47 -0400
Karen:

We have a few copies of both the Scan/Read and the Read only versions.
We have 2 colour and 3 black and white versions.

We use the colour version if the book has text on a coloured background
(like a purple box with white text) so that it can read and understand
the text in the box. I find the colour version to work the best under
these circumstances.

Otherwise, we use black and white.

So, it depends on the textbook, and the student's needs.

Hope that helps!
:-)
Marlene

**Certified Kurzweil 3000 Trainer
**Certified textHELP! Trainer

Marlene McIntosh, BSc, MBA
Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
    for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219 (Voice)
(705) 566-5452              (Fax)
Room 2520
Pathways LD Conference Website:
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca/pathways

>>> [log in to unmask] April 15, 2003 4:32:58 PM >>>
Hi,

Our office is considering purchasing Kurzweil 3000 for students with
learning disabilities. And we're wondering what's the difference
between
the color version and the black and whte version. Is it worth it to
spend
almost another hundred for the color one?

Karen Guo