EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:12:37 -0600
Hi Rosemary,

You seem to have a lot of experience with the new Flash accessibility.  Is
there some documentation I can get for free, explaining how to impliment
the accessibility features?  If I am put into a position of writing an
email message or letter, it is important to refer the site maintenance
people to the potential solution.

In fact, I am dealing with a problematic web page at www.7oaks.org  This
school board site is using Flash to present a dynamic interface.  I
currently sit on the Board as a Trustee, and I am trying to advise the web
site people on how to find a solution to the problems.

The menu links at the top of the page do not work properly when Flash
events is shut off in Window Eyes 4.2.  The links at the bottom of the page
are straight HTML links to the same pages as a partial solution for now.
My combination of browser and voice output (IE 5.05 and WE4.2) treats the
top menu links like references to the current page that is active on the
screen.  I thought it might be a problem related to server side ismapping,
but I am not sure now with your explanation on the .swf buttons.  Any help
would be very much appreciated.

---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287