Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:29:58 -0500

Quick summary of my recent, positive experience dealing with Fazoli's
Italian Restaurant in Maplewood, MN. This is a franchise, fast food type
restaurant, and they were hired to cater our high school jazz-band son's
"Night Club" event on Saturday night, about 200 people at the high
school. My first inclination was to not purchase the advance ticket and
just eat first, then go for the performance.

However, I went online to their website (www.fazolis.com) and requested
information, which they sent in a large packet through the mail. It
contained a complete ingredient list of all items on their menu. Armed
with this, I stopped by Fazoli's in person, spoke with the manager, and
arranged to have their Pepper Chicken (GF) served on a mixed greens
salad with tomatoes and parmesan cheese, with balsamic-basil vinegarette
on the side. Brought my own GF crackers and a delicious GF brownie from
Bread Art (Bayport, MN).

Everyone at my table enviously eyed my special, large, delicious salad
as they contemplated their lukewarm glob of lasagna (actually, my
husband said it was pretty good, considering they were serving a huge
crowd, and the "waiters" were all the high school band students). For my
first time arranging a special meal at a catered event, it was a very
positive experience, and definitely worth the trouble and time. I'm
sending a thank you letter to the Lex. KY headquarters and the Maplewood
restaurant.

(I have no personal connection to Fazoli's).

Barbara
MN