From:
Melanie Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melanie Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 20:06:19 -0700

Many, many thanks for your time and help in responding to my post about my daughter with migraines, etc.  Your very practical suggestions as well as your kind thoughts mean so much to us.  I received 64 replies to my post, so it has taken me quite awhile to digest and summarize them.  Here is the summary: More than half of the replies suggested that we consider food sensitivities.  The major foods mentioned were lactose, casein, eggs, soy, and corn.  A few mentioned rice and legumes, also.  Some suggested an elimination diet and other suggested Igg screening. Other suggestions included:- Screening for toxic metals- Yeast infection- Thyroid testing- Psychological evaluation - Hormonal problems- Chiropractic- Acupuncture- Massage- Naturopathy- Vision problems We have investigated most of the suggestions you gave us.  We are currently trying a lactose, casein, and egg-free diet.  In addition, your responses inspired me to find a new physician and my daughter is now seeing a new pediatrician who specializes in teens with chronic health problems.  He focuses on the mind-body connection.  I am very encouraged that he will be able to help her find what will help her to feel better and start living the life of a 12.5-year old again. Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts for your help and kindness. Melanie Neal