From:
Valerie DeJongh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie DeJongh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 09:51:45 -0500

Hi again,

Just a quick note to paraphrase some of the GREAT ideas I received
regarding making my daughter her birthday cake.

Some suggested the flat edible image which can be purchased from Laurel
Hutton at www.glutenfreemixes.com  1-866-225-3432.  She sends the entire
kit including frosting, cake mix, etc.  I haven't received it yet, but this
is what I decided to go with.  I'll let you know how the whole thing comes
out. She was able to email me a picture of what the finished product should
look like, and I being a VISUAL person, decided to go with her.

Others suggested baking a gf cake and taking it to a local bakery for
decorating (after checking ingredients of course).

Still others suggested Wilton cake products, and kits purchased at Michaels
craft stores.  This is the first time I've posted and I'm so impressed with
the time and help some of you offered !  What a great Celiac community, and
thank goodness for computers !

Take care!
Valerie