From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 04:55:05 +0000

The latest concerns about the "crystal" testing of products is what prompted
me to also voice my concerns about info. being disseminated that celiac
disease is a gluten allergy.  It's most similar to autoimmune diseases and
is genetically based but not an allergy.  I'm now reading this description
of celiac disease on food manufacturer products to market their products' GF
status and this is troublesome to me.  Though some might argue that we
should be grateful that such companies take an interest in our disease and
offer us products, I still believe it is their responsibility to make
certain that the information is accurate.  Please write companies and
request that they correct erroneous information on their product packaging.
Laura Y.