Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:10:02 -0400

So how likely is it that with intolerances to all gluten grains and not to
non-gluten grains, that i have celiac disease?

I'm sure the gluten grains have other similar proteins besides gluten.

I know it's possible to buy both deglutinated wheat and wheat gluten by
itself.  So, i could test those for reactions.

And, if i was intolerant to the gluten in these grains -- would i have
celiac disease?  Would any gluten intolerance (not IgE allergy) damage the
villi?

Why would i want to know?  To tell my relatives they might have a genetic
disease too.  So if i get old, stuck in a nursing home, they would take
gluten-free seriously.

And, if you have celiac disease you are never supposed to eat gluten
again.

If you have food intolerances in general, the usual recommendation is to
wait a few months, then try the food again, and if you don't have a
reaction, you can start eating it again once every 4 days.

Has it been shown that this doesn't work for celiacs who've had the
intestinal biopsy?  Has anybody avoided gluten strictly for a year, say,
then eaten gluten again, and they had a bad reaction?

Do other food intolerances damage the villi?  If somebody eats a lot of
milk, say, and they get a milk intolerance, do their villi also get
creamed?  (so to speak :) )

Laura

ps. some replies to me ran into my mail filter.  i changed the filter so
it passes any post with "celiac" in it.