From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:53:42 -0500
I am trying to install a usb device under windows 2000.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I follow the instructions that came with the device.  They are, Intall driver using set up program, Plug in device, follow add new hardware wizard.  The first problem is that the drivers are not windows certified.  I have turned that prompt off for now.  What happens is that windows only recognizes the devie as a usb device but does not see the camera (WDM device) attached.  I have tried updating the driver by going into properties/have disk/and pointing it to the inf file located in /winnt/inf.  Sometimes I can choose select from list imaging devices and the item shows up. But it is not consistent.
Item installing is a usb video grabber with a camera attached.  I need to find out why it is not consistently showing up in imaging devi
ces so that I can come up with an install process for techs.  What files (dll, inf etc) need to be where?