From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:58:21 -0300
You did not say what type of modem.  I am guessing you may have a cable
modem and your operating system is Windows XP?  The firewall may be turned
on?  Go to the properties of your connection and under the advanced tab,
uncheck the box to turn it off.  Or if you are using  Zone Alarm or other
program, you have to turn it off for the company to see your modem.  The
firewall programs see your ISP an an attacker and will not allow a
connection.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:16:23 -0700
From:    Olushola <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Help with Modem Connection

My ISP can not establish a connection with my modem. Device manager shows
that the modem is working correctly; i.e., no yellow exclamation marks. Can
someone recommend how I can resolve this problem?

Olushola Sowande

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com