From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:14:10 -0500
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>PETA is a terrorist group. I take what they say with the same sense
>that I listen to any ideological group that calls for the murder of
>their opponents.

Reportedly they have sometimes bypassed the democratic machinery in order
to accomplish their goals. In case that's true, I believe they shouldn't
have done that. As far as I know they haven't killed anybody. You may call
me gullible but I believe that PETA's animal reports (www.peta.org) are
true, including the duck report I quoted earlier. In opposition to PETA I
don't mind the act of killing animals for food and materials, even if the
act happens to be messy, because among other things, I feel lousy on grains
and crappy withou
t meat, and a genuine skin coat is more comfortable than a
fake one; but I share PETA's concern for how animals are treated otherwise,
how they are raised for instance. PETA has prevented and rescued many
miserable animal lives.

>Whoops! Sorry about that last post. I usually edit out my political
>rants on this list, not the place for it. Sent it without considering
>the forum.

Is it prohibited to discuss the ethical and political aspects of paleofood
on this list? In case it is, I guess I won't do it again, but I can't
resist saying one more thing, namely, that after further reading and seeing
some pictures I think this foie gras thing sucks even more.

Fredrik