NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:40:44 +0000
In the Boston area, Stop & Shop store brand has a pareve chocolate chip. Good,
and relatively inexpensive. They are good in our egg-free milk-free pancakes
and banana muffins. They're also good for snacking.

There are other brands that are marked pareve, and others that are marked
kosher dairy but have no listed dairy ingredients. We tend to avoid the latter
if we have a choice, on the outside chance that the dairy equipment (presumably
the reason for the "dairy" designation) could "contaminate" the otherwise dairy-
free chips.

Mark