C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 01:29:00 -0500
Pam,

I have a friend in Philly, who also uses a head stick to do almost
everything (I think he can even open pop cans with it), to me he is
totally amazing and I love just watching him which he is just fine with.
About cellular phones, I'm sure you know you have a phone book feature
that also acts just like voice recognition without speaking and easily
navigated, it holds 20-50 numbers.  Tonight as I was e-mailing a friend
about another project I'm giving input in, I was thinking some day, we
probably won't need the term "assistive technology" anymore, mainly
because we might be developing devices fully accessible to anybody no
matter physical ability.  People with disabilities are going to be the
ones benefiting, and the ones that the majority of future companies
won't think about as they're developing.  This is why we should support
NASA and other things dealing with technology.

I enjoy my field!!!

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.anthonyarnold.net/