C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 17:15:27 -0700
  kat is right about the ecconomy in some ways. it has
been a confidence sine 1933 when fdr got us off of
gold. a 100,000 dollar bill is really worth about a
cent if the confidence in the goverment backing it up
is not  there.
  however, in the past JFK gave a tax cut and the
ecconomy roared back from a recession, reagan gave a
tax cut and we had the longest ecconmic boom in
history.
  if a tax cut is bad for the ecconomy, why is the
debate only about how big a tax cut to give? if it is
bad why offer a tax cut that is just smaller?  why not
filibuster the tax bill the same way as is now being
used to block judges taking the bench? why is some of
the nine democrate canidates not proposing tax
increases since they think tax increases are good?
  yes, mag i know you are liberal. that is great as
long as we can be honest about it. i am a conservative
scocially, not quite as conservative ecconomically. i
believe if we are right on morals the rest will fall
into place.