Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:41:33 EST
Sharon,

Your system is fairly short on processing speed at 300 MHz AMD.  It could
probably be improved greatly by exchanging the current CPU for an AMD K-6-2
processor 400/500 MHz ($20 on Ebay) but this requires changing some jumpers on the
motherboard.  I did a Google and your motherboard is supposed to be made by
AsusTek their OEM Model SPAX version 1.01.  They don't list information on their
website but you should be able to find information if you look closely for
markings on the board itself.

Your video speed would improve greatly by adding a new 16MB to 32 MB PCI
video card.  This should cost no more than $30 to $40 new one at a place like
CompUSA.

If you made those two changes you would likely notice a great deal of
improved performance.

Good luck,
Mike Scott

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,