From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:47:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/03 6:56:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Which
> organs have you tasted and how were they prepared if I may ask?

Liver I've tried every way imaginable -- grilled with onions & peppers; made
into pate (I managed to choke this down with sufficient quantities of booze
during my single days when a date would take me to a fancy restaurant and
invariably gooseliver or duckliver pate would be on the table); chopped liver with
egg and onion; my grandmother even tried to sneak it into a dumpling filling
which usually had all beef -- she blended a bit of liver into it and didn't say
anything to me.  Well, this had been one of my favorite dishes so right away I
knew something was wrong.  My inability to enjoy liver remains a mystery to
me.

Sweetbreads I've tried soaked and then sauteed with olive oil and herbs,
spices.  Barf.
Kidneys, giblets -- these have been packed with herbs, seasonings and backed
inside of roast birds -- Barf.

I know it's not the psychological issue of eating organs because I LOVE  for
instance veal tongue and nothing looks grosser than a big veal tongue.  I just
think I'm wasting money on vitamins when the real thing would be much better
for me if only I didn't want to puke from the taste of the organs.