From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:06:46 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/2003 10:29:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> One question I have is do
> you use added fats such as olive oil, butter or coconut oil or do you rely
> solely on fats from meats?  The other question is do you eat eggs?
> Adrienne

I knew I'd forgotten something, comes with age. Yes, I use EVA (extra virgin
olive oil) and I still use melted butter only to dip my shrimp in (old habits
die hard). As for eggs I have one poached every day for breakfast, I use
hard-boiled eggs as a snack and in salads. I probably average two eggs per day.

One thing about meat fats that I would like to touch on is the meat our PALEO
ancestors ate was not fat like the grain fed "factory raised" meat you find
in the stores today. So instead of adding fat I tend to try to minimize it.
Even doing that I end up with an ample amount. I do tend to eat the whole animal
as much as possible.  JerrySteg