Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:12:15 +0800
I've also seen a BBC program where they said that
most Europeans actually produce an enzyme that
breaks down alcohol, as opposed to Asians, among
whom only a small percentage produce the same enzyme.

They hypothesized that alcohol played a part in the European's
evolution, mainly as a water sterilizer (for Asians, the means of water
sterilization was boiling, ergo, tea). This, they say, explains the fact
that Europeans have greater tolerance for alcohol.

Of course chocolate is *probably* not paleo. Or is it?