NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:57:20 EDT
Thanks for the information Mark.  I do understand that not all powdered
inhalers contain lactose, but the Serevent does and according to the Dr. on call
that day, all of the long acting bronchial dilators that would be appropriate
for my son do contain lactose.  That is why I said 'most all.'  I am sorry that
I wasn't clearer.  This whole thing has gotten me quite upset.  We do have an
appointment with his regular allergist in the next few weeks, so I'll be able
to get more information then.  I need to start writing my list of questions.

My son will be going to middle school in a few weeks.  New building, new
staff, many new students, new nurse.  The thought of sending him off to school
with uncontrolled asthma and anaphylactic reactions to milk has sent my head
spinning.

We tried Singulair when James was 5.  At that time we were not offered a
different strength of Singulair, nor did I have access to the web at that time to
know that a different strength was made without lactose.  Perhaps this is now
an option for us and I thank you for letting me know.  Heck, back then I never
even questioned what the Dr's told me.  Oh how far I have come, lol.  The
Severevent/Flovent combination has worked so well for my son, I have not explored
other meds to control his asthma.  For now, I intend to get the Severent
where it is still available in inhaler form.

E.J.