NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:15:34 EDT
I just recently found out that most all asthma inhalers will shortly no
longer be available in metered dose inhaler form.  Most will only be available in
diskus (sp) form.  The diskus' contain lactose.

Serevent is already no longer available as an inhaler.  My sons milk allergy
is so severe that he reacted to the lactose in Singulair years ago with
increase respiratory symptoms.  I am not letting him inhale lactose outside of a
clinical setting.  It has been the Serevent/Flovent combo that has kept his
asthma controlled for years.

This change has been because the FDA has banned CFC's in meds.  Canada does
not currently have the same ban.

E.J.