NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mejia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:55:45 -0400
My daughter's only behavior problems seem to arise when she is in the middle
of a allergy reaction.  Just recently she has begun reacting to
preservatives in foods. Just last week I let her have ham lunchmeat before
her nap, and when she got up two hours later, WOW it was like another child
had taken her place.  She was rude, angry and back talking. She would react
with screaming or crying to any suggestion of NO. I have kept her off all
lunchmeats/hot dogs/preserved meats for 1 week and she is back to her normal
self.
So, you will need to look for a combination of possible food allergy or
other health issue, maybe he is acting out because he just doesn't feel
good.
After saying that you also have to continue to let him know that his
behavior is not acceptable. I also have to older boys, and one of them was a
real handful at 2-3 and on up at different stages. We had to have a firm
hand with him, take him aside many times and let him know his behavior was
hurtful to others. He also was a kid that needed many activities to direct
his energy in positive ways. He used to collect all kinds of things, rocks,
coins, bird feathers etc. Then as a young teen I got him interested in
Bonsai. It was all worth it, he has grown into a fine young man.
Mostly you have to let your heart lead you. You know your son better than
anyone. If you know that he is a sweet natured kid then help him find the
source of his behavior problems.
Good luck,
Cindy