C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 10:11:38 -0400
Interesting you should mention this Bobby.  I have a question for you since
this is your specialty, do you find a number of people who are alchoholics/
drug addicts that reach a state of soberiety (sp?) end up fanatatical about
something like religion?  I've had a number of friends who have seemed to
turn to the more fringe ends of Christianity once sobered up.  Just
wondering if I have an odd sampling or not.

Beth T. the OT

From: St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List
Subject: Re: Sterilization (was Re: My Job)

<snip> comparing Bush to a "dry
drunk". The term is used frequently in 12 step parlance, but is poorly
define,
but one hallmark is a kind of fanaticism. Basically it is a person who does
not drink, but engages in "drunk" behavior. Such is the now aiming of our
national wrath at Iran and the WMD mess. What's more, except for Powell,
most of his
cabinet are like GWB.

This is why he concerns me.

Bobby