C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 14:58:15 -0400
Kendall,

I've a good friend that refers to Wyoming as "the most beautiful place I've
ever starved."

If I knew my body could take it, my retirement home would be just east of
Dubois (pronounced "dew-boys" for the rest of the list) near Whiskey
Mountain.

I've fished the Green on a guided trip from the bottom of Flaming Gorge down
to Dutch John (August '97).  Very scary water, even when it's low.  I tried
to fish the Yellowstone in the summer of '88, but got the bejabbers scared
out of me by several hundred thousand acres worth of forest fire.

If you want to try a sleeper trout stream that nobody seems to have
discovered, Ohio State University has a geology "camp" halfway between
Dubois and Burris, just west of where the Wind River crosses Highway 26.
Look for the OSU sign and another marker for "Torrey Canyon".  Drive back to
the bunkhouse and park.  You can catch 12" wild rainbows all day long on the
feeder creek that runs next to the Forest Service road.  Unless you're a
purist, forget about matching the hatch--go in August and fill your flyboxes
with big terrestrials.  Mostly hoppers.

The cool thing about Torrey Canyon is that the Dall Sheep ewes are down from
the mountains, grazing with their lambs.  For some reason, they have no fear
of man.  You can get within ten feet.  Too cool!

So you're in Laramie?  Nice town.  I got a bad cut sewn up there at Ivinson
Hospital back in '97.  Is that hospital affiliated with UW?

Kyle