C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:42:35 -0500
Now, I'm confused.  Contained Japan?  When?  If you mean before WWII, seems
to me we weren't successful in preventing war anyway.  If you mean after
WWII, that was because we were able to impose conditions of surrender after
defeating them in war.

Same thing with Germany, although I will say the Allies hammered out a more
humane condition of surrender (the Marshall Plan) after WWII than WWI.  The
conditions of surrender after WWI left Germany in economic shambles and
paved the way for Hitler to rise to power.  That is what we're going to have
to be careful of when we win against Iraq - to be humane and allow for the
Iraqis to forge their own way in their own way, just as we're trying to do
in Afghanistan.  Problem is, that will take more economic commitments from
us, tying up even more monies that could have been used for social and
environmental issues.

So sorry to hear about your pain.  Dentures are a bear to get fitted!  I don
t wear any (yet) but my mother did, and she was in a lot of pain from
improperly fitted ones.  Hope you're feeling better today.

Kat