From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:34:28 -0500
Hello Fellow Hams,

I guess it's about time for me to at least give everybody some sort of
update. I want all interested to know that I stay in constant contact with
the company. The unfortunate part of this is something not particularly
strange to blind people. The talking power/ SWR meter is still going to be
offered as far as I know, it's just taken a back seat to another project
right now. Like most products beneficial to blind people something like this
will obviously have a somewhat limited  market. The fact that the company
took the initiative to produce the CW output model and now the talking model
tells me that at least they haven't completely forgotten about the blind
operators. The bottom line is that when this company produces an accessible
meter like this we as blind hams need to support them as much as we can. The
p-2000 CW was discontinued because of lack of interest from blind operators.
It may be that alot of blind operators simply didn't know about the
availability of it and I'm counting on that and also doing a better job of
getting the word out to every blind ham possible when the talking unit
becomes available. I hope everybody will be a bit patient and count on
supporting this company when they do finalize the unit and make it available
to us. I hope that answers any questions  anybody has about the status of
the meter  but if  not I am available by email or phone to answer questions.

Gary

Gary Jackson
Phone: 409-962-0353