From:
David Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:30:10 -0400
Ivan,
    For what it's worth, I just bought an Icom Ic706mkIIg with the Ut-102
speech chip, and I'm very happy with it.  The manual is available in MP3
format from Handihams, the menus have a slightly longer beep for the first
choice, and (although I don't own a QSY-er keypad yet), the QSY-er,
according to other members on this list works quite well with the 706.
    If you want to talk about it, email me privately at

Dave

WI3Y