From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:32:07 -0000
Yes, Kevin,

I have both the P-2000CW and a Tuner Tuner.

In practice, I use the P2000-cw on low power to find the correct dip. Noise
Bridges can indicate some potential nulls which are no good. Not that they
ever actually indicate resonance, but you can be misled into thinking that
you're getting somewhere when you are actually following a red herring.

So, having found the right null, I switch the rig Vox off, so it can't
possibly transmit, before using the Tuner Tuner to get the best null.

I can then use the P2000-CW, via a dummy load to set the rig/amp up for the
power I want.

Note, the Tuner Tuner, must not be presented with any transmitted RF.

I use the Polomar one, which doesn't pulse the noise. Neither does the MFJ
one, so I can't advise as to which ones give a pulsed output. That could be
slightly more useful, but there's enough noise about to be pretty confident
and, if you get similar results, via the antenna to what you did into the
dummy load, the chances are you're about right.

73,

Terry, G3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - MAKING IT EASIER THROUGH TEXT

WEBSTART could offer an accessible Web solution to your business and leisure
requirements
For details of our services, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/services.htm

For map and station finder for National Rail and London Underground, plus
station guides, visit:

www.describe-online.com

For details of our work to date, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/portfolio.htm

For details of our proprietor, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/cv.htm

Terry Robinson B.Sc
16 Nibthwaite Road,
Harrow,
Middx HA1 1TA

Tel: 020 8861 6909 - Mobile: 07771 610002