AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:35:07 -0500

               RENEW YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP WITH AAM!!!!

       SEND A CHECK FOR $25 TO AAM, P. O. Box 1016, MADISON, WI 53701

            MEMBERSHIP PERIOD:OCTOBER 1    -    SEPTEMBER 30

Hi, Richard.

I understand if you don't agree with me...that's fine.

Think about this for a minute, though, please. What you are telling me is that a country the size of the United States can choose to eliminate a percentage of its population with absolutely no negative economic consequences. Can that really be true? We can't even use the diaspora as an analogy because people who leave their home countries are able to contribute economically by foreign remissions. The people who have been aborted cannot do that. We continue to look at the consequences of deaths in this and other countries due to war or to illness--where is the difference? The people are missing. The cause of their absence may be different, but the effect on the country is the same. Fewer workers, fewer teachers, fewer students to enter higher education, fewer people to contribute to the national economy by working and spending.