AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Annmarie Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:56:27 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Aggo and Members of the Executive,

In the vane of restructuring the AAM, I think this year the association
should only buy few snacks and drinks for the picnic, for the children's
sake, but the association should NOT give money to anyone to prepare food
for the picnic.  This is not African Fest or a fundraiser; this is a picnic
FOR US, BY US and if people cannot find it in themselves to contribute food
and drinks to the picnic, then let us have water with our activities.

I do not think it is appropriate for an association that is struggling with
finances to dig into its meager resources for us to be able to have food,
that we are going to eat, at the picnic.  Whatever money we have should be
put to better use, like preparing for the festival next year, unless there
are new developments to AAM's finances of which I am not aware.

That is my two cents.  I am getting off my soap box now.  For those who do
not have anything constructive to say about this topic but want to throw
personal darts at me, please do so through my personal email:
[log in to unmask] and leave the forum free for constructive discussions.

Have a good day!

Ann Marie