AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abu-Hassan Koroma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:58:01 +0800
If my memory serves me right, I believe upon its inception, either Katim Turay  or Aggo Akyea informed subscribers that through the help of Mr. Munoz the African Association was able to acquire a listserve (This information is in the archives but am too lazy to pull it up).

To understand the need for this listserv at the time when it was established, you should ask Aggo how he put together our emails and sent those messages with "copy to" taking virtually a page before the intended message.  It was a major step in our communication network.  I say this because I was among the first batch of subscribers from Aggos Address book to embrace the AAM list.  It was and still a commendable effort.

Over the years, each administration has taken over adminstratering of the listserv.  Currently, the subscription to the listserv, according to my subscription notification received about two days ago, is in the hands of Joe Brewoo, the current President of AAM.

Since Mr. Hallowel aka Conduit aka NWA's banning took place in October, during the French presidency of Pieh Gbedey, may be an explanation is necessary.  Any comments on Conduits banning must await explanation from Messers Katim Turay, Aggo Akyea, Peter Munoz, Pieh Gbedeh and Joe Brewoo.  All of them are subscribers and with fairness to all of us an explanation is desirable.

This is a public forum where every expressed opinion is accessible to other subscribers.  The suspension or banning of any subscriber should become a public information.  Such an approach may deter others from repeating the action that mitigated the corrective action and, perhaps avert any further attempts at such behavior.

I am very aware of Mr. Hallowels comments/contributions on this forum.  It is an American code of ethics to not like what people may say but to defend their right to say it anyhow.

The question now is, what did Mr. Hallowel aka Conduit aka NWA say on this forum and other forums (he may have been a subscriber to them too) that led to his banning?  Who banned him and why? These are just rhetorical questions for my own thoughts.

Happy New Year.

Askia

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup