Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Merna Strauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:00:44 -0700
At 10:31 PM -0700 9/18/03, Bronwen wrote:
>  Amaranth- on the side of the road- it is a grain- yeah?  I
>used to eat alot of it in my macrobiotic days.

Please be careful about eating anything along the side of a road! Do
you know that Native American basket makers here in California are
developing mouth cancers and other sores from their traditional way
of running grasses that have been gathered along roadsides (that have
been sprayed) through their mouths to moisten and soften them?

>so i dont know what I am saying- it seems people used quite a bit of native
>grains and alot of processing, am I wrong?

I think you're right. I don't get what some of you mean by "eating
Paleo" exactly. There's no one way to do that; no two books agree;
"paleo" was different in different places. People are different and
have different genetic make up and ethnicity from each other. There's
no one definition of "paleo". I don't even think it's SAFE to eat any
meat raw.

And -- one certainly cannot ignore the pesticides that are poisoning
our foods, including some of the grasses that cattle eat. Confusing
isn't it? It would be simpler to be a true believer I guess, whatever
that is.

Merna, done ranting for now