Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:30:32 -0700
--- Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Have
> I missed something or have both the Eades (you know
> I love their work) and
> Dr. Cordain set up for catastrophic failure those
> like us who are so
> sensitive to grains -- and I believe the majority of
> those who seek out
> their work fall into this category --  with their
> "allowance" of some
> grain consumption?

I think, at least with respect to the Cordain book,
that this probably comes to some extent from the
marketing problem. My impression from reading the book
is that the main target, at least in terms of numbers,
is people who are hoping to use the diet to lose
weight. I guess that those of us who are not
overweight but have health problems that we want to
mitigate are sort of the minority, at least
market-wise, and so therefore a lot of the
recommendations seem to be geered to weight loss. I
think the think about getting "open meals" falls along
those lines. He probably guessed that it would be
easier for people hoping to lose weight to go on the
diet if they didn't have to be 100% strict about it.
But obviously for those who have problems of tolerance
or allergies, then 90% is really not much of a help.