From:
Karin Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 02:07:18 EDT

I have a question that I am hoping someone has some sort of answer for....

I have several children who have Down syndrome which puts them at a higher
risk for CD.  One has been diagnosed with CD for about 9 years now, two
others, both 5 years old were recently tested, both symptomatic.  The tTG
came back positive on both, (140 and 120).  Biopsy showed that the one witht
he tTG of 120 had partial atrophy of the villi, but she has only been
symptomic for maybe 6 months or so.  My son whose tTG was 140 and has been
very symptomatic for a long time didn't have any flattening on biopsy, only
irritation.  Could it be that a child can be symptomatic for a very long time
and just not have villi damage right away?  Does this make sense or sound
familiar to anyone?

Karin