From:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:47:02 -0500

Because of all the good things that have been said about Outback
Steakhouse, my wife and I went to the one in Manchester, CT last
evening. First off let me say the food was excellent. I asked the waiter
for the gluten free menu and, after some searching, he brought it to me.

Basically, the menu is several 8 1/2 X 11 sheets stapled together. It
seems to contain all the items that are on the regular menu. However,
all the items are in the right column and the left has suggestions of
what sides not to order. Those items that are gluten free have a "GF"
stamped next to them.

I did notice at least two items that presumably are in error. There was
a "GF" stamped next to the Chocolate Thunder which is described as
"Fresh Baked Pecan BROWNIE". I could be wrong but I doubt the brownie is
gluten free. Also, there was a "GF" stamped next to the "Wallhalla
Pasta". To the left of this item are the words "avoid the pasta".

I appreciate the good start and wish more restaurants took our condition
as seriously as these folks obviously do. Maybe if we continue to press
other restaurants they will publish a gluten free menu also.