EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:51:54 -0500
Has anyone evaluated differences between J-Say and JawBone? I attended a
full-day workshop on JawBone, have seen it in action, and know one person
who uses it and likes it. I have no experience with J-Say. JawBone
definitely works, but in my opinion only very computer-savvy JAWS users are
likely to succeed with it. But what about J-Say?

A blurb about J-Say follows.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com

"A New Approach To Voice Input/Output"

Are you a JAWS user? Would you prefer to compose your email, documents,
letters etc by speaking to your computer rather than typing or would you
like to Completely Control your Computer through speech? Until J-Say the
only reasonable option for JAWS users who wanted to use Naturally Speaking
has been JawBone.

With Naturally 'Speaking Preferred installed J-Say Standard gives JAWS users
all the dictation functionality of Naturally Speaking for just $345.00 US
and this price includes Braille, Audio, and Print manuals.

With Naturally 'Speaking Professional installed J-Say Professional gives
JAWS users all the dictation and Complete Computer Control functionality of
Naturally Speaking for just $575.00 US including Braille, Audio, and Print
manuals.

Note that J-Say only works with JAWS 4.51 or greater and Naturally Speaking
Preferred or Professional version 7.0 or greater. With JAWS and the
addition of J-Say your good to go.

J-Say, Standard version 1 was released in July of 2003 at the UKs Sight
Village show. <http://home.adelphia.net/~basoft/j-sayatsightvillage.m3u>Hear
the ACB Radio interview with Terry Clasper and Brian Hartgen on J-Say at
Sight Village, from that time, (8 minutes and 22 seconds).

J-Say, Standard version 2 was introduced at the CSUN convention in March of
2004. It is packed with refinements and direct support for more Windows
applications. <http://www.tandt-consultancy.com/sounds/JSay.mp3>Hear a
presentation with Terry Clasper and Brian Hartgen on J-Say, version 2, (49
minutes and 12 seconds).

The United States pricing is currently J-say Standard $345.00 plus $15.00
shipping and J-Say Professional $575.00 plus $15.00 shipping.