From:
Debbie Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:51:53 EST

THANK YOU for the many, many responses to my gf Matzoh question. I got so
many answers here are some of the responses.

Yes, the website is oatmatzah.com (Rabbi Kestenbaum in England). I
think it is under construction now. This is another link to the same
website, probably from last year:
http://www.ubaccess.com/oatbuy.html. I also founda link on a
discussion about it...

http://shamash.org/listarchives/mail-jewish/volume32/v32n7

Additionally, Oat Matzos can be purchased on line at
www.koshersupermarket.com. A one pound box sells for $16 plus
shipping. Phone: 1-888-42 KOSHER.

The 100% oat Matzo from Shemura is GF and very expensive.  I found it at a
Kosher food store and paid $18.00 a box. It was OK, not wonderful, but I just
as soon use my rice cakes in the future.

Last year I tried a gf oat matzah made by a rabbi whose son I believe has
celiac.  I think it was made in Europe (London?).  Anyway, it cost $17 (no
this is no typo) per box and I thought it was disgusting.  I purchased
it at
the One Stop Kosher shop in Southfield MI.  Good luck.

http://www.oatmatzah.com/

from the site:
<<We try to find strains of oats with the lowest possible Gluten content.
This year the gluten testing was performed on samples of the flour used
for
oat matzos in year 2002, by Dr BM Bointion at the University of North
London.
The results showed absence of gluten. The limit of the detection was 50
ppm
(parts per million). If you have any queries about the gluten analysis
please
feel free to contact us>>

Also lists all of the US purveyors of the matzah.

http://www.ubaccess.com/oatbuy.html
Thanks to the listserv, I will go into this year ready for anything.  There
is a matzah that is made from oats.  I know other celiacs who have eaten it
without any problems.  It is available through www.koshersupermarket.com.
It is extremely expensive ($22/lb).  I am planning on trying it at least for
our seders and then making my own matzah.  There was a recipe for that today
on the listserv and I've also pulled some recipes for gf matzah off the
celiac.com website.