From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:15:47 -0800

Sorry for the delay!!! I didn't want to not post
the info I had received.  I
really appreciated those responses I had gotten
on such short notice, and
hope the phrase "better late than never" is
understood.  So, here goes:

-Hi!  I live in Bloomfield and I go to a
wonderful
Italian restaurant called
La Carrone.  It makes wonderful food and if you
bring in rice pasta they'll
even make any of their pasta dishes for you.
It's in Watchung Plaza.  I
hope this helps.  Most of the restaurants around
here are good and make
everything from scratch so you could probably eat
almost anywhere.  There is
also a chinese place called Man Hing that is on
West Passaic Ave.  they make
chicken with broccoli in a white sauce that I
have a couple of times a
month.  It's good and there's nothing in it that
has gluten.

-Two towns over (literally 2 miles maybe) from
Bloomfeild is a town called
Montclair.  There is a great Mexican resturant
called Tinga on Bellevue
Avenue 973-509-8226.  We eat ther all the time!
Tacos and enchiladas are
all GF.  Everything is fresh... I have grilled
them on everything.  They
make their own chicken stock all fresh herbs for
marinating.  They do use
flour tortillas so ask them to be careful while
preparing yours.

There is also a good Sushi resturant on Valley
road Dai-Kichi 973/744-2954
yummy yum!

Also a new store called Sugarfree sensations that
opened on Bloomfeild
Avenue in Montcalir 973/783-3336.  Great gf
goodies you must stop in!

And there is a whole foods on Bloomfeild Avenue
too!

-Do you like Thai food? There are several Thai
resturants in Montclair,
Thai Chef if very good.......

Also Charlie Browns in Montclair, just tell them
you are Celiac and need
GF, they are very very accomodating...

Also, just "up", heading west, up Bloomfield
Avenue, into Caldwell, there is
another Thai Resturant called Bangkok Kitchen,
and in Fairfield there is a
Steak and Ale, Steak and Ale is very
accomodationg also.......