From:
Greg De Guzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:54:28 +0800
----- Original Message ----- >
> Date:    Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:19:58 -0000
> From:    Michele <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Hi, I would go into device manager and remove everything, and then restart
> the system. It should only load the needed devices when it restarts. All
of
> the drivers should be there already,so there shouldn't be any need to
reload
> drivers.

I tried removing all the conflicting Devices, but same thing recurs on next
boot. I figured out probably the Award BIOS setup for Enabling/Disabling the
OS as Plug n Play (w/c I changed to enable btw before all these happend) was
causing this. Disabling this option cured the problem. My take is that this
was causing a resource conflict with the Motherboard software (VIA Chipset).
MOBO is Jetway 603TCFL.

Thanks for the wonderful insights you gave..

Greg

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml