From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:41:16 +0200
Lynnet Bannion wrote:

> Do you know what kind of pne you gathered?  Or does any variety work?
> We have ponderosa pine here, and pinon, as well as spruce.
>
>    Lynnet

Lynnet, only a few kinds of pine grow here and I don't know their names
in English. It's the sort of Christmastree type of pine that seems to be
planted a lot here many years ago.
I read in a book (think it was by Peter Freuchen, highly recommended)
about pineneedles as a cure against lack of vitamines in winter.
 Adventurous as I am I just raided the wood here and am still alive. As
far as I know pines are not poisonous and the tea is tasty.

What worries me however is that I seem to have less and less in common
with the outside world.  I interact as it should be but can no longer
indentify myself with the people and the pace out there. I might have
been an outsider to begin with and was openminded enough to try Paleo.
Or it's a bit of the other way around and I become more aware of the
differences that seem to grow between my family and the  SADworld.
 Making tea from wildgrowing things seems to be such a big deal when
people find me fouraging in the wood. Don't forget it's a small
overcrowded country and there are no places you are alone anymore.
Anywhere you go are people.
I find it surprising to learn that my natural behaviour is upsetting or
at least something to talk about for others.  Hope you live in an area
where you can roam the countryside for foods without anyone frowning
upon you.

Christy