From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:33:44 -0500
> richard:
> <I also eat some cheese, always unpasteurized.>
>
> what unpasteurised cheese brands can you get?

Andrew, shopping at Whole Foods, I can get unpasteurized cow's or sheep's
milk cheese, many different types available from USA -- my favorites are
Point Reyes Farmstead Blue from California (cow's) and Grafton Cheddar from
Vermont (cow's), Spain (my favorite is Idiazabal, from the Pyrenees,
sheep's), France (too numerous to mention). It is hard to find unpasteurized
goat's milk cheese.

The only raw cheeses not available in the USA now are very young cheeses
such as true Brie and Camembert. The law does not allow import of any raw
cheese less than I think 60 days old.

Whole Foods does not seem to stock unpasteurized yoghurt here on the East
Coast. On the West Coast they do sometimes have raw cow's milk products from
a local dairy.

--richard