From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:15:21 EST
CHEW FOODS THOROUGHLY BEFORE SWALLOWING
Our inherent intelligence is always talking to us. If we eat any unprocessed
foods antithetical to our health, our inherent taste buds will not permit us
to swallow any foods that are bad for us. To avoid health dysfunction
following the eating of any foods, we should put the fire out before it
starts.
The only time we have volitional control of the food we ingest, is when the
food we eat, is in our mouths.
Once we swallow the food we eat, the food enters the realm of the unconscious
processes of life.
Not thoroughly masticating and salivating the foods in our mouths before
swallowing, results in delayed digestion, fermentation and putrefaction in
the foods eaten. We should chew our foods well. Our stomachs have no teeth
with which to masticate the foods swallowed.
To derive the maximum benefit from the foods we eat and to avoid creating bad
health for ourselves thereafter, we should never swallow our foods we eat,
until we no longer get any pleasure from the foods we are salivating and
masticating. We should feelingly meditate on all the pleasurable taste in our
foods we eat, before we swallow those foods.
We should savor each morsel of food, close our eyes and feelingly meditate on
the maximum pleasurable taste of the food in our mouths, before swallowing
such foods. The only time we get to enjoy the taste of foods, is while it is
in our mouths-foods are not tasted after they are swallowed.