From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:45:53 -0500
> Couple post bail in case of baby's death
>
> Lamoy and Joseph Andressohn, the Homestead couple
> accused of starving their 5-month-old daughter to
> death, walked out of jail Tuesday after posting bail.

As sad as that is, the mortality rate for breast fed vs.
bottle-fed babies is significantly higher...and there are
no guarantees in life even with breast feeding:

MORBIDITY OF BREAST-FED AND BOTTLE-FED BABIES

                              Breast-fed            Partially
                                                       Breast-fed
Bottle-fed

Morbidity                   37.4 %                53.8 %               63.6%
(20,061 subjects)

Adapted from C.G. Grulee et at., "Breast and Artificial Feeding,"
Journal of the American Medical Association, 103 (10):735,
September, 1934.

Bottle feeding cow's milk has also been linked to SIDS as well
as a host of other issues, so it should it should be of no real
surprise to anyone that bottle feeding something else, soy
milk, coconut milk, etc., is going to carry more risk than
breast feeding...yet you would never read of a baby's death
in the newspaper even if it could have been directly attributed
to cow's milk.

Breast milk is certainly paleo and the *only* food a baby
should have, with infants being the few people everyone
should agree should drink milk.

Having said that, here is what you probably didn't hear
in the news about the death of this baby:

Re:  raw food baby dies, Sent from the Internet (Details), Autopsy has been
conducted but no decisive conclusion has been rendered by medical examiner
as to cause of this baby's death.  This baby had breathing difficulty.
Parents called 911. Paramedics and medical personnel in hospital rendered
orthodox, pharmaceutically oriented medical care. Baby's death may have no
connection with baby's diet. Parents live in Homestead, Florida USA and have
4 other children who are in good health with same diet. If medical
malpractice at hospital caused baby's death, we obviously will never know.
Hospital and pharmaceutically oriented medical examiner will obviously
cover-up the hospital's medical malpractice. The most dangerous place in the
world in which to survive, for any living being, is the medical holocaustic
environment and services, in an orthodox pharmaceutically oriented hospital.
Orthodox pharmaceutically oriented hospitals murder more living beings than
any other known means as to causes of death. This baby's death may be a
legal murder perpetrated by this pharmaceutically oriented hospital!

Jay