From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:36:09 +0900
On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 11:12  PM, Lisa Wiedeman wrote:

> Any tips appreciated ...I am a previous low-carber trying to tend
> toward
> paleo now and I am having trouble converting my children's diets...

Hello Lisa. I am in much the same boat with my 6 and 4 year olds. They
eat pretty well but of course want lots of carbs! One daughter loves
cereal. I put some cream in with the milk to add fat to the meal. I
just keep trying to give them bits of good food at every meal.
Fortunately they both like veggies. For desserts and snacks I try to
keep plenty of fruit around, so they don't immediately start begging
for candy. To tell you the truth mainly I just try to keep from
worrying about it too much. They eat better than most of the other
kids, I think. The main thing I try to do is make sure they get plenty
of fat. This includes using milk products like cheese and cream.

One thing that helps a lot is stricktly preventing them from snacking
on anything for at least two hours before a meal. Three hours is
better. The hungrier they are at meal time the better they eat, of
course. They get snacks at school about four o'clock, so I try to eat
dinner around seven, to make sure they are hungry. That means no juice
when they get home.

It is an endless fight, kids are wired to crave sweets!  Me too ;--)