From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:45:01 -0400
Hi Jim

Your weight lifter friend is out to lunch. 10 years ago, when in my mid-
thirties my regular workout consisted of squatting 315lbs for 8 sets. I
decided one day to find out how much I could squat and was able to do 365lbs
pretty easily and then asked the guy on duty to spot me in the
power rack and I cranked out about 14 reps at 405lbs. I weighed somewhere
around 135 at the time because I remember I had tripled my body weight
in the squat and I know it was pretty cool but no where near any kind of
squat record for my weight class. I am sure that would be at least in
the 700lb range of squatting in power lifting. The interesting thing about
it was not that the weight was too heavy for my legs but the
heaviness of it on my upper back.

Mark

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:09:04 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>