From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:55:52 -0700
Jean-claude:
 >Peter, do you have an experience of eating raw paleo
 >and an experience of cooked paleo ?  how long did you
 >do them ? what differences did you see?
 >what do you cook ? vegetables,  meats ?

After being a vegetarian for many years I began to eat
raw animal foods about 5 years ago.  That lasted about
a year.  My diet is now low-carb, mainly cooked.
with most of my carbs from veggies.  The problem for
most people who get into diets such as raw is an over
consumption of starches and sugars.  Only when this
has been resolved completely do I think it is relevant to
tweak the ratio between raw and cooked.  I am not quite
there yet and very few people on a predominately raw diet
are.  Until then eating raw remains mainly a belief system
that may or may not "work" -  at least that is how it looks
from where I am sitting.  :)

Peter