From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:55:35 -0500
"However everybody with ADD that I know (and I stress that it's my
personal experience only) seems to lack patience, the ability to
concentrate, to focus, some of those unmissable traits.  I truely believe
that anyone with ADD now, would not have ADD in this grade if they were
raised Paleo.  No matter how handy some of your characterstics are in
everyday life or -work now, it shows how well you've adapted and how agile
you are. All honour to those that managed to do so. Still all of those
traits would in perhaps all cases mean a danger to the tribe."

Christy, I think you are right on on your assessment.  ADD, like other
autoimmune disorders, is not an advantage.  Would Robin Williams be as
funny without the disorder?  Perhaps not, but funny doesn't get you an
antelope.  (Not to mention the fact that Mr. Williams would be a heck of a
lot more content himself without having to put up with his
attention-related issues).