From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:14:10 +0200
On the danger of really unintentionally hurting anyone I hesitated to
react to this but it's too important to pass up.
Being very alert, edgy, quick responses etc are indeed good qualities
for a fighter and a hunter. In fact they are a MUST.
However everybody with ADD that I know (and I stress that it's my
personal experience only) seems to lack patience, the ability to
concentrate, to focus, some of those unmissable traits.  I truely
believe that anyone with ADD now, would not have ADD in this grade if
they were raised Paleo.  No matter how handy some of your characterstics
are in everyday life or -work now, it shows how well you've adapted and
how agile you are. All honour to those that managed to do so.
Still all of those traits would in perhaps all cases mean a danger to
the tribe.
I am by no means attacking or degrading anyone with ADD here, quite the
contrary. When raised Paleo they would not be ill-suited for life as it
is nowadays, but in fact a lot more stable and THEN they would be a
valuable asset to any tribe. Even when ADD is genetic, the difference in
upbringing and acceptance in a natural society compared to our "bigger,
better, faster, more" can make a world of difference to anyone.  Let
alone what years of denatured foods do to a person.
Lucky for the people on this list they've discovered a way of eating and
perhaps living that could bring them a bit of ease.

Christy