From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:28:46 +0900
On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 12:02  AM, Kathryn Rosenthal wrote:

> This may be getting off-topic, but I would really encourage "raw"
> eaters to
> consider parasite cleansing.  The worm load we carry around can cause
> propblems via their excrement.  I haven't looked into this enough to
> try it
> myself, but plan to in the future.

Some foods help eliminate worms, but I can't say how effectively.
Papaya is one that has well known anti-parasite action. Eat it twice a
day every day, including at least some of the seeds, until you feel
better. I do this whenever I travel in third world countries. I eat the
local food, drink the water, and hardly ever have any ill effects, even
minor ones.

Tobacco is another, though I definitely do not suggest eating it, it
would be easy to take too much, and die. Chewing tobacco is much safer,
and you can regulate the dose to what you can stand. The symptoms of
tobacco poisoning, nausea, flushing etc warn you well in advance before
you take too much. I don't recommend chewing tobacco as a regular
habit, it is bad for the teeth, but as a temporary part of an
anti-parasite effort it is OK.

Maybe someone else can recommend other paleo methods against parasites.
I remember seeing on TV a special about chimps, and the medicinal
plants they ate when the worms got too bad.